Saturday, May 14, 2011

Life Happens.

My life is, in comparison to many others, not going anywhere.

I don't know about you, but I have dreams, dreams that I'm trying to map out, to put together, to tie up. But I can't pinpoint it, the last puzzle piece is missing, the rope is too short. Life is too short to watch it pass by. Yet here I am, sitting on the sidelines, watching you all play. What can I do? I can't really just jump out into the game, can I? No, not really. I guess that means I have to sneak into the game. When I get the home run, that's when you'll all notice I've been playing.
Care enough to know what they are? My dreams, I mean.
I want to film a documentary in Africa. South Africa, Ethiopia, one of those places. Every 3 minutes, or was it five seconds, a child dies from starvation. And it's absolutely crazy, the things the kids and adults there have to go through. I want to, as soon as God wills, go there for maybe a month or two and film a documentary while helping them at the same time. My goal would be to get Disney channel in on this so that Africa's poverty trap can soon be un...trappable?

Now, I'm being hard on myself. But it'll be good in the long run when I pushed myself to the best I could be. I wanna be an actress, Broadway stuff. I wanna be a model, the kind that isn't 100% conceited and head over heals in love with them selves.

Well guess what. So far, I'm No One. So far, I'm Nameless. So far, I'm the average thirteen year old who's got A's and B's in school, who likes a certain boy, who's completely ready to take the jump, the risk, the anything to make life a little more worth living. The only idiosyncrasy of mine is my love of smelling things, making videos, and not talking about others behind their backs.

I'm leaving my fingerprints, don't give up, don't give in.

No comments:

Post a Comment